Spring in Italy is really beautiful. I have been alot happier since it has gotten nicer out and I can finally walk to pick Nolan up from school again. It is a beautiful, peaceful walk, all on the same road up from our house to the school, Via Monte Pirchiriano. Here is a short little walk down our road for you to enjoy...


I know you have seen this picture at the top of the blog, with the Avigilana Castle in the background, everything is so green now.
Still snow on the mountains


This is a rosemary bush(below) with the little purple flowers. Rosemary is a very important herb used in Italy. It is used in so many recipes. You find rosemary bushes quite often just off the side of the road and especially in people's gardens. It adds so much flavor to your food, we love the taste. I currently have a small herb garden started here. When we move away from Italy, I have plans to have a nice size herb garden at our next house. It is so nice to cook with fresh herbs, especially when you just have to walk outside and cut what you need. I love being able to do that!

Here is my small herb garden, a fun project I did with Nolan(we both loved the rock hunting expecially)!

Our neighbors tulips
Later in the summer, these trees will be full of apples
An olive tree, of course!
Our neighbors house again, they have a lovely piece of land. It is filled with flowers, a veggie garden, chickens, and flowering trees and bushes, just to name a few.

Oh, I know there are alot of pictures of wisteria, but I love this flowering vine. You find it EVERYWHERE around Italy in the spring. So wherever I go I am always on the lookout for a new spot that has it. It is just beautiful. I also took the wisteria pictures with my good friend Erin in mind, i always think of her when I see wisteria, she loves it as much as I do.
This wisteria bush is pretty large, just a few minutes walk from our house...


I know you have seen this picture at the top of the blog, with the Avigilana Castle in the background, everything is so green now.
This is a rosemary bush(below) with the little purple flowers. Rosemary is a very important herb used in Italy. It is used in so many recipes. You find rosemary bushes quite often just off the side of the road and especially in people's gardens. It adds so much flavor to your food, we love the taste. I currently have a small herb garden started here. When we move away from Italy, I have plans to have a nice size herb garden at our next house. It is so nice to cook with fresh herbs, especially when you just have to walk outside and cut what you need. I love being able to do that!
Here is my small herb garden, a fun project I did with Nolan(we both loved the rock hunting expecially)!
Our neighbors tulips
Oh, I know there are alot of pictures of wisteria, but I love this flowering vine. You find it EVERYWHERE around Italy in the spring. So wherever I go I am always on the lookout for a new spot that has it. It is just beautiful. I also took the wisteria pictures with my good friend Erin in mind, i always think of her when I see wisteria, she loves it as much as I do.
This wisteria bush is pretty large, just a few minutes walk from our house...
This wisteria is on the grounds of Nolan's school, if you walk up those stairs it will take you to their playground
3 comments:
What a neat little project with the rocks you and Nolan did..I might have to steal that idea from you :)
Love your pics of wisteria. I have to confess that I don't think I have ever seen that before.
Love your garden also. Nolan, I think you should add some of your stick collection to decorate the back of your garden! :) We are also planning to start a garden as soon as it is warm enough here.
Courtney, the pictures of the wisteria are beautiful- I love them! It reminds me of a year ago and they were in bloom everywhere in Italy. Thanks for thinking of me! Mine are not in bloom just yet - I'll send pictures of them when they do.
Post a Comment