There are two baseball fields near our house. If there is a night game, we can't see the field, but we can see when the lights are on. One night before bed Nolan wanted to look out the window. I opened the window and we both looked out. When he saw that the lights were turned on, he told me that he wanted to play baseball, when he had grown up. I told him that I thought he'd be a good baseball player, and maybe someday I would buy him a......"a mitt?" When he finished my sentence, I knew exactly what to get him for his birthday. Baseball equipment is not easy to find in Italy, especially for toddlers. So I asked my mom and dad to get something for him in the U.S. for his birthday. My dad picked out a glove, bat, Tee and, some balls and my mom shipped them over. We had our first catch on Nolan's 3rd birthday. For any father who played little league baseball, I can't think of many better ways to spend time with a son than throwing the ball. Thanks Mom and Dad
Friday, July 11, 2008
"Dad, someday when I grow up, I wanna play baseball."
There are two baseball fields near our house. If there is a night game, we can't see the field, but we can see when the lights are on. One night before bed Nolan wanted to look out the window. I opened the window and we both looked out. When he saw that the lights were turned on, he told me that he wanted to play baseball, when he had grown up. I told him that I thought he'd be a good baseball player, and maybe someday I would buy him a......"a mitt?" When he finished my sentence, I knew exactly what to get him for his birthday. Baseball equipment is not easy to find in Italy, especially for toddlers. So I asked my mom and dad to get something for him in the U.S. for his birthday. My dad picked out a glove, bat, Tee and, some balls and my mom shipped them over. We had our first catch on Nolan's 3rd birthday. For any father who played little league baseball, I can't think of many better ways to spend time with a son than throwing the ball. Thanks Mom and Dad
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Custom Search
1 comment:
So glad his package came on time. Is he knocking them out of the yard yet? Loved his birthday video. Beautiful job Courtney. love MiMi
Post a Comment