Yes, tomato juice, it sounds strange I know. Living in Italy, where you can find tomatoes everywhere you go; you think it would be easy to find tomato juice. Not so! I have asked Italians and non Italians where I can find tomato juice. The Italians don't know what the heck I am talking about, tomato juice? they say, you drink it? They never heard of it. I have tried just buying the sauce you use for pizza or pasta and it tastes horrible to drink. The expats all just tell me that they have never seen it here, as was in my case(until yesterday). So I found it at a shop I have been too many times before, but for some reason, on this day, they had it. Plus, it was good! So we found our tomato juice and guess I better get back there soon or I may be out of luck to get any more. We enjoy ours with a little pepper on top, how do you like yours?
On another note...
Only in Italy people, only in Italy... I was on my way by foot to pick up Nolan from school yesterday when I was huffing and puffing UP the hill(the hardest part of the walk, with the stroller-and I do mean UP). When I ran across a police car, 3 people and a very large, brown, bull-cow with very sharp horns.
Similar to this, except with horns..YIKES!

They start yelling at me to turn around and go back because this bull was on the loose and not cooperating and they were trying to get it back down the hill right in the direction I was standing. It was quite dangerous for us especially considering I had Meredith with me-why they wanted me to get the heck out of there. Since that was the road I always take and it is a small one lane road right up to the school there was no sneaking around them. So I had to go back and of course walk ALL the way around out of my way to get Nolan. I was late getting Nolan and felt terrible and exhaused and had to explain to the teacher that I was late due to a cow. How stupid does that sound? Like I said before, only in Italy. You never know what will happen to you here, I tell you that.
2 comments:
How funny! Probably really annoying but a funny memory!
Kind of like telling the teacher the dog ate your homework:)
Post a Comment