Saturday, November 1, 2008

Italian Halloween 2008

Well, Halloween has come and gone. It was for the most part a pretty good day.
It wasn't as exciting for Nolan as an "American Halloween" but I did my best. Matt was out of town all week so it was just the three of us. Nolan wanted to be a solider, but we couldn't get a solider uniform here. Mimi's ideas was to be a Cubs baseball player instead, and Nolan was happy with that idea. I couldn't take Nolan around the neighborhood by myself with Meredith, it was cold and rainy. We just stayed home, but Nolan didn't seem to mind. The bad thing about Italy is that since people don't eat here until 8pm or later, nobody comes out until late. So we did actually get 6 trick-or-treaters, but they didn't start showing up until after 9 pm. I was exhausted at this point but I made a point to stay up for Nolan so he could see what all the "hype" was about. We had hot chocolate, waited for trick-or-treaters and watched Halloween specials over the internet. I was actually able to find all the classic Halloween specials I watched as a kid on You Tube. I was pretty excited about it, they were just as I remember. My favorites are Disney's Halloween Treat, Charlie Brown Halloween, and Garfield Halloween. If you have never seen Disney Halloween Treat, what is wrong with you? No, just kidding, but I have fond memories of watching it every year when I was a kid and I was so excited to find it for Nolan on You Tube, here is a peak of the Intro:


Until next year..





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look adorable! I love Meredith's pumpkin outfit!

Layton said...

Love the baseball uniform :)

Custom Search