Monday, October 6, 2008

Happy Mom, Happy Son..

Well, Nolan has continued to do well with school. Last week he only went for 2 hours each day. Starting today he went from 9am to 1:15pm. I was a little worried today because he was going to be there twice as long as normal, plus he was eating lunch there. Meal time can be a struggle at times and I was anxious to see how he did eating at school with all the other kids. He did really great. The first thing he always says to me when I pick him up is "I had a great day at school today". Of course this makes me happy, then today he added, "and I ate all my pasta and meat"! Well, let me just say how happy I was not to make lunch for him and then wonder if he was even going to eat it(plus he is the slowest eater on the planet I think). Then I end up with a dirty kitchen that I don't have time to clean up. So we are both happy and I have a clean kitchen again!! Yea..I was a bit sad walking home this morning from dropping Nolan off, I missed my little walking buddy and all his stopping to look at bugs, plants, tractors, animals, etc. and all his endless conversation. But...I think that I will grow to like my morning and will continue to look forward to pick Nolan up and hear about another exciting day at school.

The next item that we have to work on: using the school bathroom. He has not gone to the bathroom during school hours yet. Everytime I pick him up they always tell me that he never asked to go. The reason I worry is because the one and only time that he went at school I was with him and he wasn't going to go at first when he saw all the other people that were milling around the bathroom(it is used for other reasons besides a bathroom). I had to explain to them that he likes his privacy and then we had to clear everyone out of the area before he would even think about going. So, this is why I am a little nervous, so we will see what happens. Eventually he is going to have to give in and do it. We have taught him the italian terms necessary for telling them aka: "pee pee" and "ca ca" we can only hope for the best! Isn't this fun?

3 comments:

L,P+B Penziol said...

Sounds like quite an experience! I'm happy to hear that Nolan is adjusting well ;)
Laurie

Kathy Tonagel said...

I figure it won't be long before Nolan is teaching the class...

Anonymous said...

Wow, i can't believe Nolan is already going to school! What a great experience for him to learn from. Hope you are all doing great!
Bobby and Jolena

Custom Search