His first day of school was a complete success. He L-O-V-E-D it! Matt and I both walked him to school since it was his first day and got him all settled in. We joked on the way home that we were more upset than he was because once we said goodbye he didn't even give us another glance and that was that. We are very happy for him and glad that he has had this opportunity to attend school here so close to our house. This week he only goes for 2 hours each day to get him acquainted with the school and the people. Starting next week he will go from 9-1pm, eating lunch there and then I will pick him up after lunch. Our neighbor two doors down is in his class, so he has at least one familiar face, as well as a little girl we met just today named Georgia who shares Nolan's birthday and his love of Puma shoes! :)
We hope he continues to enjoy his experience and we are anxious to see how quickly Nolan picks up the Italian language. Little children are like sponges at his age, and from everyone we have talked to that have kids his age, it usually doesn't take long for them to pick up the language. As for Matt and I, we can't believe our Nolan is getting so big and we are so proud of him.
Happy eating Breakfast
Leaving the House
Walking to School
Outside School
Inside the School
Having fun already, do you like my smock? :)
One last kiss goodbye...
5 comments:
ahhh that made me cry. Nolan is getting so big
~Aunt Laurie
Oh my goodness, I got tears in my eyes reading this one..Why do they have to grow up so fast?!? He looks like he loves it and is such a big boy. We are big fans of the Puma shoes in our house too:)
What a neat opportunity for him. It looks like he loved it! Good for you Nolan! Soak up that time with Meredith, Courtney!
I'm so glad that you had an easy transition for Nolan and his first day of school! :)
I hope you enjoy spending some alone time with Miss M!
Courtney...as a mommy, I'm sure that was hard (heck, I cried when Brody just went to day care!)..BUT..as a teacher, school is so important, even at this early age. Academically & Socially. Proud of you!
Love,
Your Teacher Friend!
Post a Comment