We are so pleased with Meredith's recent progress. Yesterday the doctors removed her right chest tube. This morning they closed off her left chest tube. They watched her closely today and if she does well again, they will go ahead and remove the left chest tube tomorrow morning. This is what we have been waiting for. It is great news and we are so pleased with her recent progress. They have taken her off all sedation as well. This is good and bad. It is hard because she is awake more and we can only be with her 2 hours out of the entire day. Also, she is strong and she is upset at all the tubes and wires attached to her so she is upset a lot of the time that she is awake and this is very hard for us to see. She has been trying (on purpose or not) to pull the tubes out of her nose, etc.. so they have to tie her hands down which I can't stand to see, but it is necessary at this time. She is also now breathing on her own, with only a little help at the end of her breath(only if necessary, sometimes she takes a full breath, sometimes not). The doctors are very pleased with her progress. They told us that 2 weeks ago they didn't even know if she was going to make it through her first night. We were prepared for the worst so you can just imagine how happy with are with how things are progressing. We are just trying to take it day by day at this point. We don't know when she will be able to come home but every day we are getting a little bit closer to that day.
On another note, I have been pumping milk religiously every day and taking it to the milk bank before I go and see Meredith at lunch time. Well, yesterday when I was there the lady that worked there was talking with us and asked if I would be willing to donate some of my milk to other babies who need it(I have quite a supply stored up at this point). I am very happy to help out in this way. The funny thing is that she called me a "mucca", which is the Italian word for cow. Apparently I am producing more milk than most women, so now Nolan isn't the only one who is calling me a cow. :)
One more thing, we wanted to thank everyone for all the comments and emails we have been receiving on a daily basis. We are getting them and we so appreciate hearing from you. We only wish that we could respond back to everyone, but unfortunately we are just are not able to at this time with everything that has been going on. We just wanted to let you know that we appreciate this so much and thank you so much for all your support and prayers.
Sweet Meredith

Yesterday after we got the good news about removing her right chest tube

A photo with Meredith's doctor(one of many)
7 comments:
So glad to hear about Baby Meredith's progress. Even her color looks better in the photos! You guys are in our thoughts!
Natalie, Eric & Little Eric
What great news!!! I am so thankful for her progress. That is the first picture of her where her arm is bent, and not straight at her side...she can finally start moving without all the sedation. Also, good job on the milk donations! It'll really help those other babies.
aunt kathy
Ron and I marvel at God’s abundant grace in Meredith’s life and we thank Him for her steady improvements. We are sharing His awesome blessings with everyone we know who has been praying for Meredith.
“God's voice thunders in marvelous ways; He does great things beyond our understanding.” (Job 37:5)
“I will give You thanks in the great assembly; among throngs of people I will praise You.” (Psalm 35:18)
“…Always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.” (Ephesians 5:20)
~ Fori
We are so happy that she is doing better. That is so great you are able to help other people with your milk supplie. We love and miss you all. We will continue our prayers for your family. Love the Arnetts
This is awesome news Corky and Shmatt... Oh, and you look beautiful Court :)
Syd
Courtney - I've been checking back almost daily for an update, so I'm glad to read the good news about Meredith's progress!
What a gift you have to be able to help other babies with your milk! I donated milk to the IN Mother's Milk Bank when I was nursing Max - apparently we have something in common - total milk factories! Keep it up, Mucca!
You and your family continue to be in my thoughts and prayers!
xoxo
JILL
Congratulations on the birth of your sweet baby Meredith. She is beautiful! I just wanted to let I know that we are keeping your family in my prayers. I hope that she continues to make progress and will be home with you all soon!
Alicia
Post a Comment