Sunday, July 26, 2009

Movers Tomorrow!!

Well the day has finally come, movers are coming tomorrow. We are pretty much ready. It was an emotional day at church today saying goodbye to alot of our really good friends since we don't know when we may see them again. We will be back though, it is just a matter of time...


Just a few of the many people we will miss that we spent the day with..
















I spent most of rest the rest of today doing laundry and enjoying the last day of drying my laundry in the Italian sun with a view of the Italian Alps at my door. This I will miss terribly. This is one thing I love is hanging laundry here and I going to try to keep up the line drying of my clothes when we return to Indiana. With a few exceptions like towels(I prefer my clothes not crispy, 3 years of crispy towels is enough) and big bedding, this is my hope. It is good for the environment, it saves on your energy bills, and our clothes last longer. I also just love the smell of clothes fresh off the line.



My sweet neighbor Giovanna, who is constantly giving us things, gave me 2 beautiful zucchinis and a eggplant yesterday straight from her mothers garden. This is will miss terribly. Having a garden in Italy is so important. They cherish them. We considerate it an honor when they share the fruit of their labor with us. So, tonight I spent making a recipe with the zucchini that Giovanna gave me from the The Pioneer Women's Website, Pineapple Zucchini Sheet Cake with Cream Cheese Icing. We are supposed to have a picnic with Giovanna and her family in the coming days and I wanted to share this with them.



As tough as these last three years has been on us as a family, there are so many things we are going to miss about this place. And so many people we are going to miss. We came here not knowing what the next three years had in store for us. We are leaving with a better appreciation of life, lots of memories, and wonderful new friends who we will miss dearly. We have learned so much, started our faith journey, and became much stronger people while we were here. We came as a family of three and are returning as a family of 4. We are different now, in so many ways and no matter how much we try to explain to people what we have experienced here and what we went though, no one will truly understand.

We look forward to being back in Indiana with family and friends again soon, and will keep all the good memories of our time here in Italy close to our hearts. We thank the Lord we have had this opportunity and look forward to where our next adventure will take us...
PS. Happy Birthday Erin!

4 comments:

a.tonagel said...

I'm sure you have tons of emotions about the whole move. I know I would! We look forward to having you back in the U.S. though.
ps. Glad you enjoyed the photo and it made your day!
ps... that cake sounds fabulous!!!

Gary and Anita Chamberlin said...

I'm thinking a lot about you and praying for you because I know how you are feeling.
Great blog! take care
see you on Wednesday
a big hug
heidi

Anonymous said...

Wish I could be there to help you both. I know how stressful this is,but it will be over soon. You're just going to love your new house and property. We rode the motorcycles down today with Cindy, and Duane, and Derrick. Your Mom and Dad met us and we followed them down. Your lilly's are all in bloom. Looks just beautiful. Had lunch with your parents at neat authentic Mexican restaurant near your house. Caio, love MiMi

Unknown said...

We're thinking about you guys! It'll be surreal to be living in the States. . .fortunately, with Skype, we can keep in touch with our Italian/British/African/Swiss friends. We miss you guys.

Custom Search