Saturday, June 14, 2008

Quick Update from Today

When we got to the hospital today they told us that starting tomorrow our new extended visiting hours are 11:30am to 5 pm, and 7pm-8pm. We are not sure why they changed, but we are happy that we will be able to spend more time with her. Also, they took the feeding tube out of her nose again, so hopefully that will be the last we will have to deal with that. Her oxygen is good when she eats from the bottle now, so this is another good sign and the main reason why they removed the feeding tube(before it would go way down when she tried to eat from the bottle because she was still trying to get used to the whole eating and breathing at the same time- which is common for babies with feeding tubes coming from her old department). That's all for now...




Here is a picture of us eating in between Meredith's visiting times, we were so proud of Nolan he tried sushi for the first time, don't worry, it wasn't raw.:)

3 comments:

L,P+B Penziol said...

Nolan's pretty brave :) It took me a long time to try sushi!

I'm glad the have extended visiting hours!

LP

The Carrels said...

Love the chopsticks and Mr. Nolan's face! :)

glad to hear that things continue to improve with Little M!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking about you all a lot this past month. I know that it is difficult having a child in a hospital in Italy (not that it is easy anywhere else) and I hope that Meredith's situation continues to improve. Diana and Giovanni just got back to Cassino, Italy May 27th, and either they will be coming back to the States in September or I will be going to visit them in October. Anyway, I look forward to seeing you all (hopefully later this year) my e-mail address is jgaley@nectarsoda.com
In bocca al lupo!

Custom Search