Saturday, June 14, 2008

Meredith


On Thursday they removed her from the isolette, now she is in an open bed. From what we understand, all of her tests are coming back normal. However, the doctors aren't exactly forthcoming with information about her release. They put the feeding tube back in, even though they told us that her "o2 sat" was OK when she used the bottle. So we are trying to be patient. I (this is Matt) visit her during the evenings after work from 7:00-8:00. During the day when Courtney visits her she is sometimes awake, and seems comfortable. When I visit, she is always asleep, but, I really enjoy our quiet time together. Occasionally she'll stretch out her arms and legs and open her eyes for 1 or 2 seconds, then fall back to sleep.
They still will not allow her to have breast milk because they have a "special milk" they use for babies with her condition of the thorax. It is a bit frustrating that we have all this milk stored up she cannot even have it. We do not like giving her the bottle and look forward to the day where we can finally just breastfeed her.

Meredith's most recent picture taken last night

6 comments:

Layton said...

She looks beautiful! Happy Father's Day Matt!

Kathy Tonagel said...

I see Nolan in Meredith's face for the first time!!

P.S. Tell those *!*! that breastmilk is the only special milk she needs.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy things are looking up for you guys. WE CHECK HERE OFTEN FOR UPDATES. WE LOVE YOUY GUYS AND MISS YOU VERY MUCH. tELL NOLAN GRACIE SAYS HI. LOVE THE ARNETTS

Anonymous said...

Oh she is so adorable! Keep saving that milk! It will get used eventually!
amanda

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy she is out of ICU and that you get to spend more time with her! She is a very beautiful little girl!

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful! And you all look great! I am so glad she is getting better! Nancy

Custom Search