Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Our sea shipment arrived...finally

Yes, we have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of our sea shipment. It has been on a barge for weeks traveling across the ocean. After multiple delays, and problems on its journey to reach us, we finally received it on Monday! Well, there were many things that we were looking forward to receiving, but the number one thing we have been talking about pretty much since we moved here last November was our bed. Our bed was in the shipment, and we couldn't have been more happy to see it. The beds here in Italy are, by U.S. terms not really considered "a bed". Sleeping in the beds here in my opinion, just have not been a pleasant experience. They are so hard, and their is no box spring underneath(just a really hard mattress). We have not been sleeping well since we moved(and waking up with a backache), so we have been talking about this for months. They had a little trouble getting the bed up the stairs, at first they said it was not possible. I thought if that bed could make it all the way across the ocean, then surely we could get it up a flight of stairs. They eventually did it and last night we had the best sleep in months. He are a few pictures from the big day....




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you got your shipment finally! I guess I take advantage of having box springs and a comfortable bed every night, but I'm glad your sleeping better!
I love your bike Court! I bet you're so happy to have it! Hope all is well!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Erin! :-)

Court

Kristine, Jason, Morgan and Michael said...

Courtney,
I love the message with Nolan, man is he a cutie! I am glad you have your bed, that would horrible to not sleep well for that long. We love reading about your newest adventures. Thanks for taking the time to keep us all up to date, we miss you.

Kristine

Custom Search