Wednesday, August 15, 2007

As some of you may know, we really enjoy feeding and watching birds. After living in West Lafayette before we moved, we were surrounded by birds and did not have any trouble what so ever attracting them. We had several bird feeders around our house as well as hummingbird feeders. Matt and Nolan finally hung my feeders up this weekend(see picture above, Nolan was "fixing it"). I have been missing feeding the birds, especially the hummingbirds. I can't seem to find any wild bird food here, but I am still looking. I don't know, but maybe people here just think it is a waste of time and money. Anyway, I did fill up my hummingbird feeder since all you need is a combination of sugar and water. Afterwards, I got on the internet to see what kind of hummingbirds we would be attracting, though sometimes it does take a while for them to find a new feeder once you hang it. After looking at several sites, I was very surprised and disappointed to discover there are no hummingbirds in Italy, or Europe for that matter. I am still trying to figure out what I am going to do for the next couple years without seeing any of my hummers. When I told Matt he suggested if there are no hummers, maybe we could just feed the bees with the sugar water....... thanks honey. I will continue to look for wild bird food as well, to see if we can attract some Italian birds. In the meantime, my hummingbird feeder is still hanging outside waiting for a lonely little bee to show up for a drink...........


1 comment:

Kristine, Jason, Morgan and Michael said...

Courtney,
We all are having a blast reading your adventures.(Including my mom). You are living quite the luxurious life, we are very jealous :) I really love seeing how Nolan is growing. I know you are enjoying all of your time with him too, cherish it, it goes way too fast. Please tell Matt that we say hi, and that we miss you all.
Kristine, Jason, Mikey, and Morgan

Custom Search