Saturday, August 22, 2009

Hello All!!

Hi everyone out there! I am at my parents for the day and wanted to take advantage of their Internet while I had the chance. We hope everyone is doing well here in the US and in Europe. We miss everyone and think of you often. We still do not have Internet, we just got our computer so we are very sorry for not being able to contact everyone. Nolan started school yesterday. He goes Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 12-3pm. He is in a Bilingual program learning Spanish. He had a great day and was very excited because his classroom got 2 new lizards he gets to help feed them. They eat crickets once a week and yesterday he got to help feed them the crickets, lots of fun! We have been searching for a vehicle for me. We have been looking for a mini-van. Yes, I know, I said I would never drive one but things change. So I never thought I would be excited about driving a mini-van but I am a mom, what can I say. We finally bought a used Honda Odyssey, so this officially confirms my mommy status! We got a great deal and found exactly what we wanted thanks to a dedicated and very kind sales man and we are very happy.

We got our computer this week but are still working on unpacking things and have not been able to set up our computer yet. It has been a very busy time. We do not have Internet yet so will let you know when that happens.

We had our first big storm at our new house this week. Matt was working late and we were under a tornado warning, with 70-80 mile and hour winds. We actually had about a 20 foot tree limb land on our house and roof, quite large. It was a bit scary, we had to head down to the basement and remained there until the storm passed. It did do some damage to the house, we just are not sure how much at this point until we have someone come do an inspection.

Last but not least, Meredith turned 15 months this week. She celebrated by finally starting to walk! She is walking which is so cute, but not full time. She does it when she wants to. She is practicing everyday and getting more comfortable with it each day.

Ciao for now...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job Meredith!! Now you and Burke can chase eachother:)

I bet Nolan is happy about going to school and playing with all the kids!

Anonymous said...

Both of my sisters have Honda Odyssey's. That must be the "cool" mini-van :)

Custom Search