I'm back, with a few minutes to spare, Matt is in the United States for work until the 30th, ugh. I hate when he is gone, I have even less time than I usually do. So, I will try to get a few more pictures up in the few spare moments I have. Paris is beautiful and has lots of cute little shops, restaurants, cafes(and they are all REALLY expensive!). We also took a walking tour though the historical old section of Paris, which included the famous Latin Quarter. And don't forget of course the Eiffel Tower, We couldn't go to Paris without seeing this. So on Rick Steves recommendation we got there later in the day when it was still light and stayed until dark and watch the sun go down. It was beautiful. This was good and bad, the bad thing was it doesn't get dark in our neck of the woods until after 10pm, so that made for a VERY long day. But, on the flip side we were actually in the Eiffel Tower when it went dark so the lights went on when we were actually in the tower. For those of you who don't know, the lights on the Eiffel tower are on at night, but just 5 minutes out of every hour the entire tower twinkles with white lights which is just beautiful. We happened to be on it when the lights flipped on for the first time and watched it in the 5 short minutes, it was something to see.
I forgot to mention, the line, even at 8 pm at night was LONG, so we shortened our wait time by getting in the line where you had to walk all the way to the top. The line was shorter and it was cheaper. We could have waited twice the time in line and took the elevator up but we managed. So, we were happy though that we got to see the tower in the day, and at night. You cannot go to Paris without seeing this..
(sorry for the strange order of the pictures )
In the tower
If you ask me this sign should be posted throughout Italy, but found here, it was in the tower...It gives you an idea of how bad the problem is...
Of course, a kissing picture :)
Beautiful

Before the sun went down in the tower




The view of the line on the way up!
This thing is massive!

I loved this two little bookstores near Notre Dame

French croissants, LOVE THEM!

1 comment:
Courtney - what an amazing opportunity you and your family have! You talk about going to Paris like I talk about going to Target or the grocery store! LOL!
Love the pics!
Post a Comment