Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Irritating...

There are many things about living in a foreign country that can be irritating. I don't have the time or the space to write every little thing down, but I will tell you one of them that has me irritated this past week.

Coming from America, we are used to having access to certain things. Some of them may be luxuries, I admit; but some not so much. Take for example, sippie cups. Coming from America, where they have NON-SPILL, NON-LEAK, whatever you want to call them. You know what I mean right? The child(especially the small child, just learning to eat and drink) drops their sippie cup about every 2 seconds(no joke). So, not having one for Meredith I had to go out and buy a sippie cup. I get it home open it and realize after taking off not 1, but 2 covers to prevent it from leaking(one on the outside and one on the inside of the cup)for when it is not in use, that it is not spill proof. So, ok mabye it wil be ok...I fill it up with a little water to see what Meredith would do, and of course she drops it(expected this)multiple times. Not only do I now have water on my floor but now the high chair and Meredith are both covered in water. Italy is WAY behind in many things, but for heavens sake; why don't they have REAL sippie that don't leak?!?

I will somehow be getting a sippie cup from America, don't worry. In the meantime, I've got some mopping up to do...

No comments:

Custom Search