I am having some mixed feeling because tomorrow is a big day in our house. Nolan starts Kindergarten. I knew this was coming at some point, but now that the day is finally here I am feeling a bit sad. I know that he is ready and more than excited. I know that he will have no trouble whatsoever making friends. We went to the open house tonight and met his teacher, saw his room, and walked around his school one more time before he starts tomorrow. I have talked to his bus driver, she seems really nice. She will be in front of our house at 8:20am tomorrow morning. We will be waiting. I will be nervous and anxious I think. Probably more that Nolan. The thing about Nolan is that he has been exposed to so many things and been put in so many different situations from such a young age that he just goes with the flow and seems comfortable in any situation. I am still nervous though. He is my first Kindergarten. I have never been though this before. I never rode the bus. I don't know what it is like. Who will he sit with? Will the kids be nice to him? I hope so.... These are the feelings I am having tonight. I have a feeling I am not going to sleep well tonight. As much as he makes me crazy some days I am glad he is going only half day. He will be in school full time for the next 15+ years. I know I am not the only mother feeling this way tonight, at least I don't think I am. Nolan is a good boy, I cannot wait to hear about his day tomorrow. I think will be go out for an ice cream cone after school tomorrow so I can hear all about his day. We had Matt's company picnic yesterday at Indiana Beach. We had a great day. Nolan and Meredith went through kiddie land and went on several rides together. I have to share a picture with you. There were so many people there and before each ride I told Nolan to stay with Meredith and help her if she needs it. Before getting on this particular ride I told him to stay with her (yes again, but it was so busy and after all she is just three). The next time I looked this is what I saw....
He had grabbed Meredith's hand and held on tight and they were waiting there together, holding hands. This gave me such a warm feeling. It was so sweet. Nolan will be fine tomorrow. Me on the other hand, I am not so sure....
~Courtney~
4 comments:
thinking and praying for you this morning!
That picture is just adorable. What a sweet big brother!
I think I will be feeling the exact same things you are feeling in a couple of years. Can't wait to hear how his first few days go.
Thinking of you, Courtney!
This is the sweetest picture EVER! I LOVE IT! Hang in there, he is going to have a blast!
Malorie T.
Ahhh that made me tear up! Hope he had a fun 1st day.
L
Post a Comment