Sorry for the rough pic, but I had to share this one..My midwife, Sharon Smith. She is the most wonderful, kind, gentle person. We went through so much to make this waterbirth a reality. We were waiting for months after calls and emails to Italy to the hosptial and to the doctors where Meredith was born to get critial information we needed before we would be able to get the "go ahead" to do the VBAC waterbirth. Then we were waiting on the birthing tub to get the final approval. It turns out it only finally got approved about 2 weeks before my delivery. I was only the 2nd women to birth in it and the 1st VBAC birth!
Thanks again to Kathy and my mom for staying with the kids while we were in the hospital. It was nice to not have to worry about them. Thanks for all the food and everything you did while you were here. Also to Kathy for keeping the kids for a few extra days at your house while we get "settled" at home. It has been so nice to get some one on one time with Liam before we have a houseful again ...Love you both!
|
3 comments:
Thanks for the pictures Courtney--I didn't realize it was a portable tub. The cushioned bottom helped I'm sure. Way to persevere to you and your midwife to pave the way for a VBAC waterbirth!!
so happy for you!!!!!! Can't wait to see you all in person!
That's the exact tub I had at home. Unfortunately didnt get to use mine but so glad you got that VBAC! Cant wait to hear all about it and meet little Liam. Congrats!
Post a Comment