Friday, April 30, 2010

Sporties for Shorties-Basketball

There is a program here in Lafayette through the Parks and Recreation department called Sporties for Shorties. It is for 4 and 5 year old girls and boys who are interested in sports but are just learning and want to start getting into it and to learn the basics. It is a cool program. We were really excited for Nolan to start.  Basketball ran first and just finished up and Nolan loved it. I don't know if he is going to be a professional basketball player, but it was a good experience and he learned a few things too. The best part for us was how proud of himself he was on the last day. After they played a full court game(the first time they tried-it acutally went fairly well) they all got trophies. Nolan was SO EXCITED. He has been carrying his trophy around all week since he got it on Monday. He even took it for sharing day at school on Wednesday. To say he is proud of his trophy is a understatement. After he got it he just kept saying "I got a trophy, I got a trophy".  It was so cute. I just wanted to share some pictures of his basketball. The last day they had a game and Nolan got two baskets, he did great. The next sport starts in May and will be T-ball. Should be just as fun!





2 comments:

L,P+B Penziol said...

that's awesome! I bet Nolan is excited for T-ball to start next.

Anonymous said...

che salto a fatto nolan sei propio bravo a giocare a baschet
carola

Custom Search