Saturday, September 19, 2009

Meredith 16 Months



I am way behind on everything, I know. I wanted start by giving everyone an update on how Meredith is doing. She turned 16 months on the 16th of this month. She had a 15 month appointment a few weeks ago and she is doing everything and more that a "normal" 15 month old is doing(or 16 months now). She is almost pushing 20 pounds, not quite there yet but getting very close. We caved and finally turned her carseat around to the forward facing position, finally.

She was walking part time for a few weeks, but now she has been finally walking full time since around the beginning of September. She LOVES to walk and because we still have alot of empty space in the living room and down the hallway, she has room to roam. I included a short video of her walking see below:



I just started a running list of all the words she says on a regular basis. Here is her current list:

Ouch
hot
Mama
Dada
Mmmm...
Uh Oh
Cracker
Nana
Up
Wow

Ice- This is a funny one because she LOVES ice. In the process of learning to use this word she has associated it with anything you consume by mouth, food or drink. So, if she is hungry or thirsty she says "ICE". It is really cute. We are happy she can tell us when she needs something now.

She also has a few Italian words in her vocab:

Kika(actually this was the name of our friend Carola's cat. Now she associated all cats with the name Kika)

Koo Koo( Not sure of spelling, but this is the Italian version of Peek-a-boo. Instead of staying Peek a boo, they say Koo-Koo)

Ca Ca- If you are not sure of this word it is Italian for poop(sorry if this offends anyone :)
She also understands many Italian words that we use at home on a fairly regular basis, on top of the normal English words.

She has several teeth coming in including her top molars which has made for not very good sleep for mom and overall crankiness lately.

She is doing really great and seems to have done well with the whole overseas move. I have been really terrible about taking pictures of the kids since we moved with everything else going on, so I need to get back into a routine of taking pictures again.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow I can't believe how many words she can say! Can't wait to hear them :)

Anonymous said...

Very good Meredith!! You do a very good job!
From Giacometti Famili

Custom Search