We have been so busy lately we haven't had much time to do anything fun. We finally were able to meet up with several friends starting again this week for playgroup. We had dinner with our friends Andrea and Tiziana. We also had time for some baking, which Nolan loved and it was actually rather enjoyable for me too. Then we both had fun tasting the finished product. I was surprised that I actually had found all the ingredients to make chocolate chip cookies for a little taste of "home" here in Italy. We are still working on getting our residence visa to stay in the country, so we spent the better part of Thursday down at the police station in Torino doing that which was rather unenjoyable, but these are the things that we have learned to deal with living over here. Maybe we will have our visa's by the middle of next year(if they put a rush on it!) Things always move slowly here I am afraid. I ordered 2 books from amazon 6 weeks ago and after sending them out the day I ordered them, I finally just received them this week. Not only that but if you order anything from overseas, the postal service always charges you an additional fee and if you don't pay it, you don't get your stuff. I am surprised I even got my books, a lot of the time if you are expecting something in the mail here, you just never get it at all. Ah, the Italian mail system, isn't it wonderful?
Nolan, Daniel, and Grace

Nolan and Pietro

Nolan and Mama baking, yum!!


Nolan and Andrea playing Italian Football

Our family with friends Andrea and Tiziana
No comments:
Post a Comment