Anyway, this has been our project this spring and summer so far(among other things). It has been alot of work but we enjoy it alot and have had alot of fun with it. Everything that we have planted has done great. Right now we are currently harvesting spinach, loose leaf Romaine, Butterhead lettuce, peas, green onions, rubarb, and potatoes. We also have tomotoes(several varieties), peppers, corn, sunflowers, carrots, broccoli, cantalope, watermelon, strawberries, zucchini. Did I forget something? It is alot and too much if you ask me but my lovely husband insisted we try several things because we have the room for it. We have given alot of it away and eaten alot so if anyone is interested in anything please let us know or stop by and pick. We want to share! We are lucky that everything seems to be growing well so we should have lots more to harvest starting mid summer. Our garden isn't perfect and has a few more weeds than it should but it's ok. I just wanted to share a few pictures. These were taken several weeks ago, so we have lots more of everything now and at least twice the size or more than in these pictures.
The Garden
Salad Greens, green onions, broccoli, and peas
Broccoli
2 comments:
Holy smokes--I'm impressed! I wish I lived in Lafayette!
avete un bellissimo orto il desiderio di avelo ad avigliana non era funzionato così l\avete fatto li e bellissimo lucy
Post a Comment