Monday, August 18, 2008

US Embassy Visit

Well I have to admit, I am way behind in a lot of things, laundry, cleaning, reading(yea right, like I even have time to begin reading), checking my emails, updating our blog, etc. the list could go on and on. Anyway it is really bothering me because I just don't like all this disorganization in my life. I am also disappointed because I have so many pictures I have been wanting to share on the blog but just cannot find the time to sit down and post them. Anyway....

Last week we had an appointment in Milan at the US Embassy to apply for Meredith's passport, social security number, and register her birth in the United States. We all had to go in person or it was not possible to apply at all. So we packed up everything and drove 2 hours to Milan. Once we had all the documents we needed it wasn't so bad and we are glad it is over with. It was nice to be on "American soil" if even for a brief period. People were actually speaking English, imagine that? It was great!

The American Flag was such a wonderful site to us!


We walked around Milan briefly afterward and got some lunch at a nice outdoor mall. As you know Milan is the fashion capital of the world and of course I went wearing flip flops(oops), didn't think about it until afterwards. People don't really wear flip flops here unless the are going to the beach. I actually had an older Italian man ask me last summer if I was going to the beach just because I had my flip flops on(I don't think he was joking). Here are a few pictures of our brief stay in Milan...







There is a story about having to spin around this bull's privates but we still have to look it up. We were there so we had to do it! :)


We headed to Lake Como after our trip to Milan. We had a great time and got some great pictures. I will try to post those next. Stay tuned...

4 comments:

scarsnbruises said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Carrels said...

Courtney,
Love the babywearing! Is that a moby wrap? I'm trying to figure out how to manage a 2 year old and a newborn...I'm assuming that I'll be wearing #2 a lot, especially when I have them out by myself!

Your trip to Milan looks great...Love the flip flop story! And you look great! !

Anonymous said...

At least there is a McDonalds!! HOORAY! That's funny about the flip-flops. I was just talking with a friend yesterday about how I have a closet full of fancy shoes, but wear flip flops everyday:)

Anonymous said...

Jill-
No I actually have a moby wrap but I find it too hot in the summer and too much material to deal with and take on and off when we are out and about. This is my most recent addition to my collection of carriers and my favorite to date. It is found at www.babyktan.com I love it and would not be able to do anything without it. I highly recommend it. If you have any questions let me know I can send you my email address somehow.
courtney

Custom Search