Monday, October 15, 2007

Yes, this is a true story.....

I am sorry if I offend anyone with this post, but it is just one of my experiences that I must share. I don't know why, but for some reason, people here in Italy think it is OK to relieve themselves in public. No, they don't need a bathroom, they just find a nice spot outside, or sometimes even inside. We have seen people urinate on the side of country roads, on a busy interstate, in a parking garage(in this case, all men). Another strange thing that you don't see in the United States if you go to a playground instead of parents taking there kids to use the bathroom they just go into the corner of the playground and have them pee right there in the corner of a busy park(girls and boys), it is a everyday occurrence. It is really strange to me and just seems dirty and I just don't get it. I witnessed an incident this past week that now tops my list of strange and disgusting things I have seen since we have moved. I was walking out of the building where my language class is held and I was trying to get organized and find my keys to open the car door. Keep in mind, this is a very public place, outside a school(mostly for teens and adults, but it was a school). Anyway, I saw someone out of the corner of my eye I look over and there is a man right in front of me who decided while he was walking his dog that he had to relieve himself. He was relieving himself, and I don't mean urinating. He was squating down, with his pants down doing a #2(sorry, but yes he was pooping). The next thing I know a leaf appears in his hand and then he began using it to wipe himself. I could not believe my eyes, as you would never see something like this in the U.S. After he was done he just pulled his pants back up and went on with walking his dog. I still don't know if he didn't see me or he just didn't care. So add this to the list of my strange and unusal experiences since we have moved to Italy. It hasn't been my first and I am sure it will not be my last......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so gross...I can't believe it.

L

Anonymous said...

How do you explain THAT to Nolan? ICK.

Custom Search