Hard to say what I should post about, I have so many pictures I am pretty back logged as usual. Last week was a bit busy. Having a Kindergardener(is that spelled right?) is hard work. Last week Nolan was "Star of the Week". It was some work for Nolan but ALOT of work for me! We had to make a big poster to tell all about the life of Nolan. The poster had to be turned in on Monday along with his normal weekend homework and his take home books that we read all week. This is not preschool anymore folks- No Sir-ee! In addition, the week that your child is star of the week, they also have to bring snack EVERY DAY. Yes, not just one or two days but everyday. Now this could get quite expensive since Nolan has 22 kids in his class. I could have bought the snacks but I don't do this for several reasons.
1. It is too expensive
2. Most parents buy all pre-packed foods for snacks. Pre packaged individually wrapped snack foods typically = unhealthy(sorry but It is mostly true)
3. Homemade snacks taste better and are better for you
4. I have a feeling that most kids in his class don't get alot of homemade items from home. It makes me feel a little better to know that all they kids has some decent food in their bellies for a small time at least.
Nolan told me on Friday that several kids commented on how Nolan had brought good snacks. Thank you for noticing kids, that made this momma very happy!
How do people do this with when all their kids are in school? Whoa, it's going to be crazy. Here are a few pics of our oldest just for the record....He is growing up so fast!
2 comments:
And I was thinking that life will get easier when my kids are in school. Apparently, I am wrong! Whoa, snacks for the entire week? That's a little ridiculous! Hope you guys have a good week!
nope: kindergarten.
I am here to tell you that the older they get the more crazy it gets! Wait til you are doing preschool and grade school at the same time for all three! running to three different halloween parties, baking for all of them!
Its awesome that you took the time to make homemade snacks.
:) and you are right alot of kids anymore don't get much of that!
I love baking and do so much more in the winter!
Post a Comment